Thursday, December 17, 2009

The 13 Affirmations Of An Australian Druid

1. I honor the energy of TEA TREE, for death and a new beginning. I am able to change myself as I so will it. So mote it be!

2. I honor the energy of BOTTLEBRUSH for protection against dark enchantments, for banishing all that is wrong in my life, or drifting upon the tide of energies around me, for cleansings and renewing my energies. I will not imprison myself with the chains of past failures. So mote it be! 

 3. I honor the energy of MELALEUCA, for the protection of my inner oracle, intuition and knowledge. I will listen to The Voice of The Great Goddess within and believe in myself. So mote it be!

4. I honor the energy of SHE OAK , for the lunar rhythms within me as a woman. I will recognize and heed my own body's cycles, take knowledge in myself that I am my own temple, and I shall forever ground myself with the application of intellect and strength. To listen to the voices of our ancestors and spirits around us. So mote it be! (Man's version: "I honor the energy of SHE OAK , for the rhythms of passion that dwell within me as a man. I will recognize and heed my own body's needs,  and grounded application of intellect and strength. To listen to the voices of our ancestors and spirits around us. So mote it be!)

5. I honor the energy of MOUNTAIN ASH, the Witches Wand, our blessed pinnacle of focus and pure intent, for all including justice. I will remember our axiom: "As Above, So Below" - and that I too, play a part in the larger scheme of things, to honor all that is above, below and between. I will link my inner and outer worlds and protect all, within and without. So mote it be!


6. I honor the energy of EUCALYPTUS, for cleansing, healing, focus and restraint. I will choose what I place within my body and temple, and empty myself including my life of all that violates mine and others personal well-being. My light is my own, my shadows are my own and my darkness is my own. I accept that at times I may be in the womb of darkness, but I will always be born into the light, healed and renewed. So mote it be! 

 7. I honor the energy of MANGROVE, the Doorway to The Mysteries and ALL WORLDS. I will call upon the strength of The Horned One when I feel in need of protection. So mote it be!

 8. I honor the energy of BANKSIA spear of the warrior, for communication with spirit guides, fertility, life giving, masculine energy, longevity, wisdom of age, joy and energy. I will not remain passive and victimized, but will choose to fight for my own freedom. So mote it be! 

 9. I honor the energy of FIG, the tree of wisdom, meditation, magick and mystery. I will heed my own inner intuitions, and will be wise and informed in my choices. So mote it be! 

 10. I honor the energy of VINE, the tree of celebration and conviviality, fertility and joy. To tuse in order to tangle knots to confuse hamrful tongue, to bewilder and capture all in beauty, to offer libations to our Lord and Lady on their days most sacred. I will love myself and will celebrate life, not seeing the choices I make as deprivations, but gifts with no regrets. So mote it be! 

 11. I honor the energy of IVY, the spiral towards its center. To always guard and protect us. I will do all that I do because of my own inner desires and to always weave magick around me to better my life and to serve those around me. I will listen to myself, and will remain balanced and centered while I do this work. So mote it be! 

 12. I honor the energy of BLOODWOOD, the tool of the hunt. I will always take prompt and direct action when necessary to protect myself, and those around me, including the "killing" of old patterns, friendships and associations which harm me or those around me. So mote it be! 

 13. I honor the energy of  WHITE ELDER which sees the end from the beginning, the eternal cycle. Throughout many lifetimes I have been here. I have the knowledge that I have changed myself again and again, always evolving. I will start from where I am now, and continue to persist in my Path. I will succeed not matter what obstacles stand in my way. So mote it be!

Here is  a wonderful set of  lunar affirmations that I have used over a number of years. You may do one affirmation, individually, at each full moon, or in conjunction with each corresponding tree moon. You can also do all 13 as part of a monthly full moon ritual or all 13 together in a single full moon ritual.